Why Custom Coins?:
- Challenge coins, commemorative coins, memorial coins, religious icons, product tokens or wedding keepsake - so many uses for a coin.
- Challenge coins are one of the most popular lines we create these days – whether for the traditional military or ROTC uses; or for such uses as church
groups, social clubs, motorcycle clubs, rotary organizations, fraternities, sororities – just to name a few – they make an ideal award or memento.
- Coins are what you make them – i.e. they can be as small as an inch or so, or as large as 6" (though you might think of it as more of a plaque or paperweight at that size!)
- You can create your own oversized coin as a paperweight, or desk accessory; simply specify your preferences or ideas and we’ll make it that way.
- Robust, big, bold; or smaller and delicate - your choice of sizing, color and style make custom coins a perfect solution
How much does it cost?
- The more you buy, the lower the cost. Every coin we make is cast out of molten metal, or struck with a steel die. Each individual piece must be painstakingly
hand polished and finished to accommodate your chosen end product – adding a dash of blackening for that aged antique appearance – or the addition of
vibrant pantone colors to meet your corporate or organizations demands.
- While we can do low quantities, realistically for smaller sized pieces, you should be looking to produce at least 100 pieces - in some processes we may be able to produce as little as 50.
- We can also do orders well into the multiple thousands of pieces per order – this is where you’ll really pull that unit cost down to a very attractive figure. Big or small, we can make them.
- If you 'have to have it', we will gladly make just one, but if you can get some friends together and order even a few, the price drops dramatically.
How to get custom coins?:
- Easy - give us a call, send us an email, fill out our info form, send along a drawing in
email, or upload a file for us to look at
- We've been around, we've seen lots of designs - if you can think it up, we can probably handle it without any problems.
- Sizing - a typical coin is perhaps around 1.5 to 2" in diameter
- I want a "coin", but do I have to get it round? No, a coin could also be called a crest or an emblem, and could be any shape that you want.
- You might want to consider some sort of an oval, or perhaps a crest in the shape of your logo.
- Color - let us know what you want and we can get it done.
- For an additional charge, we can also provide a 'sculpted 3D design'.
How long does it take?
- Depends on the quantity of your order, they can usually be made in an average of 3-4 weeks - rush service is available for an extra charge.
- If you would prefer something like ‘die struck’ or ‘die-cast’, which offers more precision in sizing and detail, the timing might be a bit longer – usually
5 to 7 weeks. Again, tell us your schedule and we’ll likely be able to accommodate you.
What types of coin finishes are available?
- Our standard and most popular coins are the Antique Gold, Silver, and Copper – no matter what the process chosen. Very close behind are the Bright Gold,
Silver, Copper finishes – they’re more popular with the groups looking to fully reproduce logos and designs in full pantone colors.
- And don’t forget
about Pewter – these are normally a very nice consideration if you want something a little more prestigious than the base metal antique coin, but don’t
want to spring for the die-struck or die-cast, or you don’t have the volume of order to qualify. Good value and quality item in this fine pewter – and
naturally, like all of our lines – ‘lead-free’
How do I get started?